Saturday, June 27, 2009

October, 2005 Watercolor Quilt

In the mid 1990’s, prior to the making of this “Ribbons of Light” quilt, my niece, Lynn, who has made heaps of wonderful quilts, gave me a pile of fabric squares and a book on making Watercolor Quilts. She said she gave them to me because she knew I would actually make a quilt. It took me many years to live up to her expectations, and when I finally took on this project, it was my husband Jim who stepped up to the plate. He cut all the fabric and then spent hours sorting all those little squares and helping me create the design we ended up with. I pieced them together, and we sent it to Marcia Powell, a quilter in Wyoming, MI, who machine quilted it for us. The colors and pattern we created out of so many different fabrics please both Jim and I and we are so glad Lynn encouraged us to take on this project.

Quilt Size 47" X 52"











No comments:

Post a Comment