Thursday, July 23, 2009

1975 Sharilyn's Quilt

Shortly after my husband graduated with his B.S. degree and while we were still reeling from the financial effects of that venture, I made a quilt of scraps for my then two year old daughter. I had not a clue how to approach this project, so I hand cut, with a scissors, squares that were roughly 3” X 3”. Most of the fabrics were scraps from other sewing projects I had completed, or from clothing that my daughter had outgrown. I used a mattress pad for batting, and yarn tied it. Nothing was squared up (and that was actually a bit intentional since I wanted a scrappy looking quilt top), and I yarn tied it. It certainly was not a prize looking quilt, but it was well loved and my daughter still has it more than 30 years later!

Quilt Size 81 X 60



No comments:

Post a Comment