Saturday, June 27, 2009

November 2007 Sophie's Quilt

I had barely finished the “Expressions of Love” quilt when I decided to make a quilt for Granddaughter Sophie. Because Sophie loves art and color, I wanted to make something that was creative for her. My niece Lynn not only gave me the idea for this pattern, but also supplied all of the 72 different fabrics for the tumbling blocks. Jim helped cut and make the fabric choice for each tumbling block and the quilt layout. Lynn came one day and helped with much of the pressing of seams. It was a huge and ambitious project for someone who is “Really, Not a Quilter”, but was such a fun pattern and design that it was exciting to put together. I named it “Think Outside the Box and Shine Like a Star”. Jean Graham beautifully machine quilted this quilt with a star design using a bright varigated thread. This was the second quilt top I completed in 6 weeks. Quilt Size 93 X 62

No comments:

Post a Comment