Saturday, June 27, 2009

October, 2007 Savannah's Quilt

I wanted to make a quilt for my grandchildren, and on a vacation trip to Paducah, KY I purchased fabric to start Savannah’s “Expressions of Love” quilt. I was so stressed picking out the fabric, and it took my husband, son and daughter-in-law to help me through the process. The pattern was not difficult, but I still found it challenging to keep everything “square”. This quilt helped me better learn the importance of precision sewing! Once again, Jim helped me with the cutting and layout. I took seven pattern pieces and cut them from a plain pink fabric, and by running them through the computer, was able to print the “pet names” that the people who love Savannah use to hug her verbally. I interspersed these pieces throughout the quilt. We drove about 2 hours to southern Michigan to bring the finished top and backing to Jean Graham from “A Quilt’n Hand” in Galien, MI. She machine quilted it beautifully with pink thread in a heart design. We loved the result and Savannah was happy with her special quilt.

Quilt Size 93 X 80




No comments:

Post a Comment